These are some of the ways we welcome Parents
to get involved in Assumption School.
- Parent Teacher Organization – The Parent Teacher Organization promotes a strong partnership between the parents, students, and faculty at Assumption School. Our goal is raise funds to help supplement additional activities and needs of both students and teachers. Parents can get involved by volunteering for various PTO-sponsored activities such as Movie Night, Trunk or Treat, a Holiday inspired craft fair and Breakfast with Santa. If your time is limited, we welcome your help from home with with Box Tops for Education, the Schnucks eScrips program, and Labels for Education. Coming soon: More information on how you can easily get involved. We invite every Assumption to attend all of our PTO meetings. Please check our calendar for details.
- Trivia Night – This event utilizes volunteers to help set-up, tear-down and work during the event itself. Volunteers are needed to take reservations for individuals and groups prior to event; during the event: serving drinks, picking up answer sheets, running technology, checking people in, etc. This event is an annual event; contact Jennifer Beger at (636) 233-3867 or Beth Anth at (636) 379-2384 for more information about how to become involved.
- Movie Nights – When parents are looking for a fun evening out for their children, this is the event! PTO sponsors a movie, snack and drink for Assumption School students along with supervision. Volunteers are needed to create flyer and accept RSVP’s, set-up/tear-down hall C, purchase snacks and drinks, and supervise the evening. Contact Jennifer Wyatt for more information about how to become involved with this activity at (636) 544-4676. This event occurs once in the fall and once in the spring.
- Breakfast with Santa – During the first Saturday of the month of December our PTO sponsors an event where students can meet Santa and enjoy a hot breakfast. Volunteers are needed to design flyer communicating event to families, take reservations, purchase food, set-up, and welcome/sign in families as they arrive for the event, serve breakfast, and clean-up. Please contact Karla Karns for additional information and how you can become involved at: (314) 249-0234.
- Santa’s Workshop – Volunteers are needed to purchase gifts and wrapping paper; wrap gifts prior to date of event, set up gifts for students to purchase, assist student purchases the day of the event, and clean-up after event. This event is an annual event and you can contact Jennifer Wyatt for additional information at: (636) 544-4676.
- Trunk-Or-Treat – Volunteers are needed to assist with communicating event to families, taking reservations, coordinating pizza orders, reserving DJ, setting up, and clean-up. This is a PTO sponsored event. Please contact Jennifer Wyatt for additional information about how to become involved at: (636) 544-4676.
- Dinner Auction – This annual event requires many diverse gifts, time and skills. If you enjoy working with a team and want to help with large events this is the volunteer opportunity for you! From decorating, creating programs, setting-up, tearing-down, serving drinks, greeting, soliciting silent and live auction items, providing tech support… the ways you can help and become involved is endless! Please contact Katie McMillen for information about how you can assist with this fun event at: (314) 800-8095.
- Assumption Golf Tournament – Proceeds of this parish event supports Assumption School. Volunteers are needed to assist with communicating the event to the parish, taking reservations, soliciting silent auction items, securing facilities, serving beverages, and helping with additional tasks as needed. Contact Bob Neuner for how you can become involved with this event at: (314) 957-8869.
- Athletic Association – has two areas for volunteers: 1) coordinating other volunteers, serving as a sounding board for parents, maintaining schedules, discernment of ideas, issues and purchases. 2) Serve to improve facilities as needed, as a coach or assistant coach, assist with concessions or uniforms, maintain Crusaders web page link. If any of these volunteer opportunities seem like they would be a good fit for you, please contact Sarah Edwards for additional information at (636) 262-0397. These volunteer opportunities are on-going throughout the year.
- Mouse Races – Assumption parish’s Athletic Association sponsors this annual event. Volunteers are needed to create flyer, communicate event, set-up, clean-up, and assist throughout the evening. Please contact Sarah Edwards for additional information and how you can assist with this event at (636)-262-0397.
- Guardian Angels – Volunteers are needed to match new families with existing families (we try to pair families with other families that have students in the same grade), recruit enough existing families so each new family has an experienced family, set-up for event, MC event, and assist with clean up. Contact Jennifer Wyatt for additional information about this annual event at: (636) 544-4676.
We always welcome parents who have time to volunteer during the school day on the playground, in the office, cafeteria or library! To volunteer or get more information call the school office at (636) 240-4474.