In-school, After-school, and Summer programs for students:
A+ Art (after school in Fall and Spring) – Is your child a budding artist? A+ Art drawing classes combine your child's love of drawing with the skills they need to improve. Your children will learn new techniques to express their imagination while improving their motor skills, patience levels and ability to stay on task.
Mad Science of St. Louis (after school in Fall and Spring, K-5) This program extends the science curriculum through additional experimentation and experiences.
STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) – promotes discovery, exploration, higher level thinking, collaboration and problem solving both inside and outside the classroom by seeking to incorporate practical, hands-on engineering and technology in to traditional science and math experiences. Our goal it to show our children HOW to enjoy this higher-level by experiencing it. By using Discovery Education tools, website resources like the Khan Academy and so much more, we are using technology, engineering and math beyond the classroom in 'hands-on' opportunities that allow your children to use their skills and nurture a love of these activities.
- Robotics FLL - (Grades 4-6) – The FIRST LEGO League is an international competition organized by FIRST for elementary and middle school students. It focuses on a different real-world topic related to the sciences. Each challenge within the competition revolves around that theme. The robotics part of the competition focuses on designing and programming Lego Mind Storms robots to complete tasks. The students work out solutions to various problems they are given and then meet for regional tournaments to share their knowledge, compared ideas and display their robots.
- FTC (Grades 7 and 8) – The FIRST Tech Challenge is a robotics competition targeted toward middle school and high school aged students It offers the traditional challenge of a FIRST Robotics competition but with a more accessible and affordable robotics kit. The ultimate goal of FTC is to reach more young people with a lower cost, more accessible opportunity to discover the excitement and rewards of science, technology, engineering and math.
Student Choir (After-School)
- The Cherub Choir is composed of fourth grade students who love to sing. They sing mostly treble songs and church hymns. The choir sings every Tuesday at 8am for morning Mass.
- The Crusader Choir includes youth from fifth grade and up. They rehearse weekly and sing two to three part harmony songs from a variety of musical styles from traditional hymns to contemporary Christian music. The choir sings every Wednesday and Friday at 8am for the morning Mass. Also, we perform for many functions throughout the year including: nursing homes, tree lighting services, caroling, and special Masses.
- Instrumentalists. We encourage students who play instruments in band or who have taken many years of piano to contact our Music Instructor.
Chess Club: Learn to play and compete
Drama – Assumption Parish offers opportunities for middle school students to participate in play and musical productions in Fall and Spring.
Scouting - Girls and Boys
Horizons Program for Gifted and Talented: For students who qualify beginning grade 3. Offered through the district during the school day.
National Junior Honor Society - Learn more here
During June and July, Assumption offers week-Long summer camps for Assumption Parishoners entering Preschool through 8th grade. Full and half day camp options ranging from $60-$120 per child per week. Registration starts March 1st of each year.
Sample of camp offerings in previous years:
- Vacation Bible School (PK-6)
- LEGO Master Builders (PK-K)
- Babysitting Basics (Gr. 5-8)
- Dino Camp (PK-K)
- Art Mediums (Gr. 1-4)
- Archery (Gr. 5-8)
- Little Chefs (PK-K)
- Farm to Table (Gr. 5-8)
- Cheer (Gr. 1-4, Gr. 5-8)
- Under the Sea (gr. PK-K)
- Summer STEM (Gr. 1-8)
- Disney Musical Theatre (Gr. 1-8)
- iCamp (Gr. 1-4)
- Civil War (Gr. 5-8)
- CSI (Gr. 5-8)
- and more!